Monday, February 1, 2010

About How is the Greece area in Rochester , NY

How is the Greece area in Rochester , NY?
Hi All, I am looking to move to Greece because I got to work in Rochester .I would like to know how is the Greece area on the whole is it a good place to live and is there any better areas in Rochester to live. Your suggestions means a lot to me.Please answer me. Thanks, Praveen
Other - US Local Businesses - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I grew up in Greece, and it is overall a very good area. It is very close to the city, which makes for an easy commute for the most part. They are making many improvements to the town, adding new stores, restaurants, shops, etc, and they have really tried to improve Route 104. I no longer live there, but everytime I go home to visit there are more and more new things that I haven't seen. You will be close to the beach (probably within 15-20 minutes of Lake Ontario, possibly even closer depending on where you live). There are plenty of good apartment complexes, and you can get a decent house for a good price if budget is an issue. If it is not, they are building new subdivisions with larger homes as well. Greece is a good place to live in my opinion, and a great place to raise a family. The suburbs on the east side of the city (Fairport, Pittsford, Penfield) are generally considered to be a bit "ritzier"...they tend to have more expensive houses and things like that, but I don't really know a whole lot about them overall.
2 :
I live in the Park Ave area in Rochester and it is very nice. I have lived in this area for seven years. If you are looking to buy a house, this may not be your area, but if you are looking to rent an apartment, this area is safe, diverse, and there are a lot of young people. Greece is nice too. My boyfriends parents live there. It all depends on renting or buying. The park ave area is expensive to buy in, but not bad to rent in. I live in a cute 1 bedroom for $700/month. Plus all of the nightlife (if you are into that) is close. Park Ave is like a mile from downtown, so anything you want is nearby. Greece is a suburb, but there is also a lot there too. There is a mall, and lots of stores and restaurants. If you choose to reside in the city limits, do your research. The south east part of Rochester is really the only safe place to live. There is a cresent around downtown where there is an extremely large amount of crime and the only area that it doesn't cover is the South east. Every place else, you have to deal with shootings and getting robbed, etc. I would to Park ave if you are new to the area because it is a good place to meet people. A lot of college students, young professionals, and neat people. Greece is nice, and quieter, but you will have to get on the expressway to get to anything you want to do. Hope this helps. All of the suburbs are nice, with the exception of some parts of Irondequoit. Look at Craigs list at apartments in Rochester. Good luck!
Read more other entries :
About Help!!! List some of the jobs a 14 year old ...